- In a skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in the butter and oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Increase the heat and add the ground meat, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook the meat thoroughly while breaking it. Add the parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the oil in the fryer to 190 °C (375 °F).
- On a work surface, put a sheet of pastry and fold the edges to form a square.
- Place 60 ml (1/4 cup) of filling on one of the top corners of the square of dough. Make a well in the centre of the stuffing and break in it an egg. Fold the dough over filling to form a triangle. Place the borek on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat for 6 borek. Freeze for 5 minutes. The borek will have a better hold and wont risk breaking while frying.
- Remove the sheet from the freezer and carefully place the borek one by one in the fryer. Cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Do not overcook the top of the borek: the egg contained therein should not cook completely. Place on paper towels. Keep warm.
- Serve with a green salad and a lemon wedge.
The brik dought is a pastry of Tunisian origin sold chilled in North African and exotic groceries.