- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F). Line the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) springform pan with parchment paper. Spread a good amount of butter around the pan.
- Peel the pears without removing the stems and leave them whole. Using a melon baller, remove the core from each fruit from the bottom. Place the pears in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture whitens. Add the oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Blend well with a spatula between each addition.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Place the well-drained pears in the batter without allowing them to touch the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Pour the remaining batter around the pears.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool. Drizzle each portion of cake with caramel sauce and serve.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water and cook over high heat until the mixture is golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter. Add and blend in the cream. Let cool.