- Drain the cheese and pat it dry on paper towels.
- With a toothpick, stuff each olive with prosciutto.
- With the tip of a knife, make two small incisions to form a cross on the side of each bocconcini. Insert one to two stuffed olives, depending on the size of the bocconcini balls.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- On a serving platter, arrange the lettuce leaves. Place the stuffed bocconcini on the lettuce. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and garnish with parsley. Serve as an appetizer or antipasti.
Various sizes of balls of bocconcini are sold, from the very small to the more generous. Choose medium-sized balls in order to stuff them with two olives. These stuffed bocconcini are delicious added to the Spinach, Citrus and Avocado Salad.