- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Butter and generously flour a 20-cm (8-inch) Kouglof pan (see note) or an 18-cm (7-inch) panettone pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, milk and 125 ml (1/2 cup) of flour. Let stand in warm place for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until everything is smooth. Knead for 3 to 4 minutes. The dough will be soft, smooth and slightly sticky.
- Spread evenly in the pan. Lightly flour the surface of the dough and cover with a dry cloth. Allow to rise for 1 hour 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Unmould immediately after baking.
The Kouglof pan is a decorated bottom pan with a smaller than usual chimney.
Panettone can be frozen.