- In a saucepan, sauté the vegetables in the butter over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with the saffron. Deglaze with the vermouth. Add the broth or consommé.
- Bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Adjust seasoning.
- Fill four oven-safe soup bowls with the cooled consommé. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220 ° C (425 ° F).
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough.
- Cut into four circles. Measure the diameter of your soup bowls and add 2 cm (¾ inch) so that the dough hangs around the bowl. Brush the edge of the soup bowls with the beaten egg.
- Place the disks of dough across the top of the bowls. Squeeze all around so that the dough adheres well. If the dough has warmed up, return it to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. The pastry must be cold before putting it in the oven for it to puff well.
- Brush the dough with the remaining egg. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.