- In a bowl, combine the chicken and lemon juice. Let stand in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Dust the chicken pieces with flour. Season with salt.
- In a saucepan, brown half the chicken in half the oil. Set aside in a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken and oil.
- In the same pan, brown the onion. Add oil, as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with the wine and add the chicken pieces. Add the chicken broth and rosemary.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Add the lemon slices and cook for 20 minutes or until the meat falls off the bone. Remove the chicken, lemon slices and rosemary from the pan. Keep warm.
- Reduce the cooking juices by half or until it thickens. Adjust the seasoning. Serve the chicken with the sauce and lemons. Sprinkle with rosemary leaves.
- Serve with basmati rice and vegetables.