- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the macaroni until al dente. Drain.
- In a bowl, blend the food colouring. Add the macaroni and blend well. Cool for 15 minutes and lightly rinse to remove any excess dye. Coat with oil. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring 1 litre (4 cups) of broth and the soy sauce to a boil. Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- In a blender, purée the soup until smooth and pass through a sieve. Pour the soup back into the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, blend the starch with the remaining broth. Pour into the soup and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Simmer for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the macaroni into 4 glass bowls, letting a few macaroni (worms) hang over the edges. Pour the boiling soup and sprinkle with black beans as worm droppings... Bon appetit!