- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the oven’s broiler.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine the bacon, cheese, chives, and pepper. Toast the bread. Spread the bacon mixture on the toasts. Set aside.
- Gently place the eggs in a pan of boiling water. Boil the eggs for about 4 minutes to get soft-boiled eggs (the white will be firm and the yolk will be runny).
- Meanwhile, brown the toast pieces topped with cheese and bacon under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- Cut each bread slice into 4 strips, which are served to dip in the eggs. Place the eggs in eggcups and cut the top using a knife or an egg topper. Serve with the toast points that each guest can soak in their egg yolk.