- Place the mushrooms in a bowl and cover with 250 ml (1 cup) of boiling water. Let stand for about 20 minutes. Drain. Reserve the soaking liquid.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of butter. Add the steaks and cook over high heat until the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Add 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of butter in the skillet and sauté the shallots and garlic. Add the hazelnuts and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the honey and vinegar. Deglaze with the wine and the mushroom soaking liquid. Reduce by three quarters. Add the demi-glace. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Whisk in the remaining butter. Adjust the seasoning.
- Place the steaks on four plates and drizzle with the sauce. Serve with mashed vegetables.