- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Cut both ends of the apple, then cut into six slices. With a sharp knife, remove the centre of each slice to form rings. Place on a baking sheet and brush with the oil.
- Cook the apples under the broiler for about 5 minutes.
- Place a piece of cheese on each apple slice. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Bake for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt.
- Right out of the oven, season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with chives. Serve hot.