- In a pot of salted boiling water, blanch the Brussels sprout leaves for a few seconds. Cool in ice water and drain well. Set aside.
- In the same pot, blanch the beans for 1 to 2 minutes or until al dente. Cool in ice water and drain well. Remove the beans from the husk. Set aside.
- Spread the prosciutto slices on four plates, overlapping them slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the Brussels sprout leaves, fava beans, pesto and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper (watch the salt, the ham and cheese are already quite salty). Spoon onto the prosciutto.
- Sprinkle with the cheese shavings and pecans.
You can find the fresh beans (fava beans) frozen, peeled or unpeeled, in gourmet or Middle Eastern grocery stores. They are also sold canned, but the texture is less interesting. If you can not find fava beans, you can substitute soybeans (edamame).