- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes and salt. Let degorge for 15 minutes. Drain. Discard the juice.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain. Lightly oil and let cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the herbs, almonds, oil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Add the pasta to the bowl of pesto and toss with kitchen tongs to coat well. Add the cheese and toss to combine. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving dish. Garnish with the tomatoes, burrata and a drizzle of oil. Serve at room temperature with sausages or grilled chicken, if desired.