- In a pot, bring the lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar to a boil. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a bottle or a glass container with a lid, combine the cooled lemon syrup and the vodka. Allow to infuse in a dark area for at least 7 days.
- In a sieve lined with a coffee filter and set over a bowl, strain the mixture. Transfer back into the bottle or glass container.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Delicious after a winter activity. This lemon vodka can be served in a shot glass, in cocktails and martinis.