- In the bowl of food processor, combine the flour, ground almonds, sugar and salt. Add the butter and pulse a few seconds at a time until the mixture has a grainy texture.
- Add the milk and pulse until the dough begins to form in a ball. Remove the dough from the processor bowl.
- Form a ball with your hands. Dust with flour and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Cut the dough in half. Roll out the first half of the dough to line a 23-cm (9-inch) pie plate, preferably with a removable bottom. Place the pastry in the refrigerator with the rest of the dough, then prepare the filling.
- With the rack in the lower position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- n a bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, egg, cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer. Spoon the cheese mixture into the crust. Sprinkle with the cranberries.
- Peel the pears and cut in half.
- With a melon baller, remove the core. Arrange the pears on the cranberries. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Lattice the top of the pie with 2.5-cm (1-inch) wide strips of dough. Brush the strips with milk.
- Bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes or until the pie is golden brown. Cool slightly and serve. Keep the remaining pie in the refrigerator.