- In a saucepan, heat the cream without boiling. Remove from the heat. Add 60 ml (1/4 cup) of honey and stir well. Chill completely in the refrigerator.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and remaining honey to a boil. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Peel the pears, keeping their stems. With a melon baller, core the pears from the bottom so as to keep them whole.
- Place the pears upright in the simmering syrup and cook for about 20 minutes over low heat or until tender with the tip of a knife. Remove from the heat, let cool, then refrigerate the pears in the syrup until completely chilled. Remove the pears from the syrup and cook the syrup to reduce by half. Refrigerate.
- Whip the cream with an electric mixer for 1 minute to thicken it. Spread the cream in the bottom of dessert dishes. Top with the pears and drizzle with a little cold syrup.