- In a food processor, combine the flour, icing sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter and pulse a few times, until it forms pea-size pieces. Add the yogurt and water and pulse just until the dough starts coming together. Add more water as needed. Remove the dough from the food process and form into two discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Use one disc of dough to make the crust for this pie. The remaining dough will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- With the rack in the bottom position, preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out one disc of dough and line a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Trim the excess dough around the edges. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a bowl, combine the apples, sugar and ginger. Spread the apple mixture over the crust. Cover with cookie crumbs. Bake for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack. Slice and serve.