- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a non-stick skillet, brown the bacon. Add the potatoes and onion. Sauté for about 10 minutes over high heat until browned. Add oil or duck fat as needed, if you have any. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread in a 20-cm (8-inch) square Pyrex pan.
- In a bowl, combine the cream and broth. Pour over potatoes and cover with Munster cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is golden.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with a salad or as an accompaniment to meat.
You can’t visit the Alsace region without exploring the wine country. In his vineyard, Andre Ostertag cultivates great wines, which can be found in Quebec.