- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter with the sugar, rum and vanilla with an electric mixer. With a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients and currants.
- Using a 1-tbsp (15 ml) ice cream scoop, for the mixture into balls. With lightly floured hands, roll them into spheres. Place on the baking sheet, spacing them out.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sugar and rum. With a brush, brush the cookies right out of the oven. Let cool for about 10 minutes and brush again.
- Let cool completely.