- Place the chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream and the sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Gently whisk the mixture until the chocolate melts. Add the eggs, whisking until the mixture is smooth. Cover and refrigerate until the mixture reaches room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until the mixture becomes frothy and starts to turn pale, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a 1-cm (1/2-inch) tip.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or double boiler.
- Brush the outside of the cones with generous amounts of melted chocolate. Arrange the cones on the baking sheet, pointed end up. Refrigerate until the chocolate is completely set, about 10 minutes. Set aside the remaining chocolate over the warm water in the bain-marie or double boiler.
- Place the cones, open end up, in 8 popsicle moulds or glasses. Leave the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Spoon about 15 ml (1 tablespoon) caramel sauce into each cone.
- Pipe the mousse into the cones, filling them to within 1/4 cm (1/8 inch) of the top. Set aside.
- Using a tablespoon, spread the remaining melted chocolate on the baking sheet to form 8 discs, about 8 cm (3 inches) across. Place a cone, pointed end up, in the centre of each disc. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.