- In a food processor, blend the flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter and pulse a few times, until it forms pea-sized pieces. Add the water and vinegar. Pulse just until the dough starts coming together. Add more water, as needed. Remove the dough from the food processor and form into a disc with your hands. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough and use to line a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Trim the excess dough to ½ inch (1 cm) beyond the edge of the pie plate. Fold the excess dough under to make a double-thick crust. Using your fingers, crimp the crust in a decorative pattern. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, flour and maple syrup until smooth. Add the cream and pumpkin purée. Mix well. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature. Sprinkle with maple sugar and serve with whipped cream, if desired.
This pie can also be prepared using a store-bought pie dough.