- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 F). Line the bottom of a 23 cm (9-inch) springform pan with parchment paper. Butter the sides.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar, yogurt, oil and eggs until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients, and then add the lemon zest and marmalade.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Unmould and let cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and lemon juice to a boil. Drizzle the cake with the warm syrup and serve.
If you ever want to satisfy your sweet tooth, this cake is perfect. Instead of the usual icing, we opted for lemon syrup… much lighter.