- Carefully remove the blood vessels from the foie gras with your fingers and a round-tip knife.
- Place the foie gras in a loaf pan. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine, cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Drain, keeping the marinade, and roll the foie gras in a very clean cloth, giving it a cylinder shape. Cover in plastic wrap.
- In a saucepan, pour the foie gras marinade and enough chicken broth to cover the cylinder while cooking. Place the thermometer in the saucepan and heat until the thermometer reads 60 °C (140 °F). At that time, add the foie gras. Poach for 25 minutes keeping the liquid at 60 °C (140 °F). Remove the foie gras from the broth and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Slice and serve with brioche bread.