- In a bowl, combine 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of cocoa powder and the sugar. Butter six 125 ml (1/2 cup) ramekins and sprinkle with the cocoa and sugar mixture. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and 125 ml (1/2 cup) cocoa powder. Ser aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter. Let cool.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs with the sugar for about 4 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- With a spatula, fold in the flour and cocoa mixture. Add the chocolate and stir gently.
- Pour half the batter into the ramekins. Place half a square of white chocolate and a Bing cherry (or 2 Morello cherry) in the centre of each ramekin. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for about 16 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, unmould and serve immediately. If you must wait for service, reheat the cakes in the microwave oven. If desired, sprinkle with the icing sugar and serve with fresh cherries, which are half dipped in chocolate.