- Place the cheese in a 20-cm (8-inch) baking dish. Prick the entire surface of the cheese with a fork.
- Combine half the rum and maple syrup and drizzle on the cheese. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the cheese and place pecans harmoniously. Drizzle with the remaining rum and syrup. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is hot and melting, but not running.
- Place in the centre of the table and invite diners to dip bits of bread or to serve themselves with spoons.
Here is one of the four winners of the sweepstake "Enjoy reinventing ... with butter, cream, milk and cheese from here. "Recipe from Louise Dion, Longueuil.