- Place the chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream, corn syrup, and liqueur to a boil. Remove from the heat. Pour over the chocolate. Allow to melt 1 minute, without stirring.
- With a whisk, stir until the ganache is smooth. Add the butter and stir until smooth. Add the candied fruit and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 20-cm (8-inch) square dish for the ganache to cool faster. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until the ganache is firm but still malleable.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a spoon, use 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of ganache for each truffle and shape into a ball in the palm of your hands. Place on the baking sheet and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and let it cool.
- Place the ginger snap cookie crumbs on a shallow plate. Set aside.
- For this step, you may want to wear a latex glove. Lightly dip the truffle in the chocolate and roll in the palm of your hand to coat it with a thin layer of chocolate. Roll the truffles in the cookie crumb and place on the baking sheet.
- Allow to set for 3 hours or overnight. Repeat with the remaining truffles.