- Place the rack in the middle position of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream the brown sugar, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the egg and blend well.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add them with a wooden spoon to the previous mixture.
- For each cookie, drop about 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of dough on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake 6 cookies at a time for about 17 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.