- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes. Stir in the dry ingredients and combine with an electric mixer.
- With a pastry bag fitted with a 0.5-cm (1/4-inch) tip, form 4-cm (1 ½-inch) long dough cylinders on the baking sheet, spacing them by 2,5-cm (1-inch).
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Place the cookies in an airtight container.