- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, curry powder, and garlic.
- Add the chicken and coat well with the marinade. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours. Turn occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Drain the chicken and place on a baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 45 to 55 minutes. Tandoori chicken cooked very well on the grill over medium heat.
- Delicious with biryani rice.
Tandoori chicken is a specialty of India and Pakistan. The chicken is marinated for a long time in a spice-flavoured yogurt where the curry paste gives the chicken a reddish colour. The chicken pieces are threaded on a long skewer; one end resting at the bottom of the tandoor oven and the other leaning on the wall, near the opening of the oven. The meat is cooked over coals. Here, only Indian restaurants have such a cylindrical oven. I suggest you grill or cook the chicken in a traditional oven.