- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat the oil, setting the deep fryer to 190°C (375°F). Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Preheat the oven to 100°C (200°F).
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the beer and egg. Stir gently until the flour is just moistened.
- Dip the vegetables in the batter. Fry until golden brown, 4 or 5 minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet. Season with salt. Keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining vegetables.
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce.