- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a saucepan, soften the shallots in the butter.
- Place a sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface and brush it with melted butter. Sprinkle with the pistachios and top with another sheet of dough. Cut into twelve 10-cm (4-inch) squares.
- At the centre of each square, place a piece of cheese and 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of shallots. Wrap the square onto itself and pinch the dough on both sides of the cheese into the shape of a candy.
- Brush with butter and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.