- In a bowl, combine the meat, egg, ginger, garlic, and 22.5 ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) of berbere spices.
- Shape the meat mixture into 4 patties. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of clarified butter. Sprinkle with the remaining spices. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown the patties in the remaining butter for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the bread with cream cheese and relish. Place the patties on the bottom bread. Garnish with onions and tomato slices.