- In a saucepan, cook the rice in the butter over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with the Grand Marnier and reduce until almost dry. Add the sugar.
- Add 125 ml (1/2 cup) of milk at a time, stirring, until the milk is almost completely absorbed. Repeat until the milk is completely incorporated and the rice is tender. Cooking the rice can take from 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the rice quality. Sugar makes the rice harder to cook than in a savoury risotto. Add milk, as needed.
- Off the heat, add the chocolate, stirring until slightly melted. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve the risotto in small bowls and garnish with candy canes.