- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, chives, cilantro and curry powder. Stir to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the mango. Slice the mango in half, taking care to avoid the elliptical pit. Place the mango halves flat on a work surface and cut into julienne.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high.
- Brush the chicken with half of the sauce. Grill for about 6 minutes per side or until it is cooked and no longer pink in the centre.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spread the remaining sauce in the buns and garnish with chicken sliced on the bias, mango and lettuce.
If you can’t find giants hot dog buns (note: we are not talking about traditional hot dogs buns!), Choose buns such as large Kaiser or baguette to wrap the generous filling.
Whether it is for a picnic, to eat out or to serve at a buffet, dishes containing cream or other dairy products, eggs, mayonnaise, meat, fish or poultry must be kept for a maximum of 2 hours at room temperature. This time should be even shorter when the food is exposed on hot summer days. Remember to pack an ice bag in your picnic basket.