- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the carrots until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, brush the chicken with 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of mustard. In an ovenproof non-stick skillet, brown the chicken in the oil on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Place the chicken on a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- In the same skillet, add the cream, cheese, and remaining mustard. Bring to a boil and add the carrots. Cook while stirring until the carrots are warm throughout. Adjust the seasoning.
- Cut the chicken into strips and serve with the Parmesan carrots. Season with pepper. Garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme, if desired.