- In a large non-stick skillet, dry roast the breadcrumbs, stirring constantly. Set aside in large bowl.
- In the same skillet, soften the onion in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the bowl with the breadcrumbs and combine. Let cool.
- Add the ground meat, milk, egg, and spices to the breadcrumbs mixture. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll each meatball with about 22.5 ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) of the meat mixture. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown the meatballs, half at a time, in the remaining oil and butter. Set aside on a plate.
- Sprinkle the flour over the hot fat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until the mixture turns golden brown. Add the broth and cream and bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk. Add the meatballs. Cover and simmer gently for about 5 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked. Add broth, if needed.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and lingonberry or cranberry jam.