- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and 60 ml (1/4 cup) of orange juice. Cook until the mixture begins to lightly caramelize, about 3 minutes. Add half the mango and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and place on a baking sheet. Add the remaining mango to the saucepan with the syrup and cook the same way. Set the syrup aside.
- In a bowl, whip the cream and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the cheese and stir until the mixture is smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining orange juice and Grand Marnier. Soak the cookies in this mixture.
- In a 3 litres (12 cups) capacity trifle bowl, alternate layers of cookies, cheese mixture and mango cubes. Drizzle the mangoes with a little syrup. Repeat the layers finishing with mangoes nicely presented for service.