- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush a sheet of phyllo dough with oil. Cover with the second sheet of pastry and brush with oil. Fold in half like a book and brush with oil. Sprinkle with the fennel seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut into 2-cm (¾-inch) wide strips and place them, side-by-side, on the baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the crackers are golden brown. Let cool. You will get about 15 crackers.
- In a small saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender. Set aside.
- In a blender, purée the lettuce and oil until smooth. Season with salt. Set aside.
- In four white plates, drizzle the lettuce oil to form dots of different sizes around the plate. Place four half-balls of cheese on the lettuce oil. Scatter nicely the remaining ingredients, adding one cracker per plate. Serve the remaining crackers aside.
In you can’t find white balsamic vinegar, use regular brown balsamic.