- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Lightly press onto the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for about 12 minutes. Let cool completely and generously butter the inside walls of the pan.
- Wrap the base and outer sides of the pan with aluminum foil, letting it exceed upwards. Double the foil.
- Reduce the oven’s temperature to 170 °C (325 °F).
- In a sieve, drain the cottage cheese, stirring with a spoon.
- In a food processor, combine the sugar and flour. Add the cottage cheese and eggs and process until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture is just combined. Pour over the crust.
- Prepare a water bath: place the cake in a large baking dish and pour boiling water in the dish halfway up the pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the cake reads 65 °C (150 °F). Remove the cake from the water bath and the aluminum foil. Let cool for about 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or until completely chilled. Run a thin knife blade between the pan and the cake, and then unmould the cheesecake. If desired, serve with a fruit sauce, to taste, and berries.