- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with a whisk. Add the molasses, egg, and ginger and stir to combine. Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon.
- With a 45 ml (3 tablespoons) ice cream scoop, form approximately eight balls of dough on each baking sheet, spacing them evenly.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for about 12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
You do not have crystalized ginger? Omit it altogether. But know that it is interesting to keep a few pieces at all time; taking a bite is guaranteed to get rid of your stuffy nose!