- Line a 1 litre (4 cups) coeur à la crème hearth-shaped pierced mold with a layer of moist cheesecloth, letting it hang over the sides.
- With a sharp knife, split the vanilla bean in half to open it and remove the seeds.
- In a blender, purée the cheese, sugar, honey and vanilla seeds or extract until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside. With a spatula, fold the whipped cream and egg whites into the cheese mixture. Pour into the prepared mold. Fold the cheesecloth over the mixture.
- Place the mold on a rack over a baking sheet to drain. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Unmould onto a serving platter and serve with strawberry coulis. Ideally serve the same day.
If you don’t have a heart-shaped “coeur à la crème” mold, you can use a colander. This will give it a dome shape rather than a heart.
Making a strawberry sauce is very simple. In a blender, purée strawberries, fresh or thawed. Pass the puree through a sieve to remove the seeds. If necessary, add sugar.