- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a food processor, combine the flour and salt. Add the butter and pulse until the butter forms pea-sized pieces. Add the egg and water and pulse again until the dough just begins to form. Add water, if needed. Remove the dough and shape into a disk.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough and line into a tart pan 9 inches (23 cm) in diameter and 1 inch (2.5 cm) deep. Trim the dough, leaving approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm) of excess. Fold the dough inward and press to double the thickness of the crust walls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes. Do not prick the bottom of the crust.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the crust is cooked but still light in colour. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey and butter. Stir in the almonds. Pour into the crust. The filling will come right up to the edge. Bake for about 25 minutes. Let cool completely, about 4 hours, and unmould.
This tart is best the next day.