- Preheat the oven to 100 °C (200 °F) to keep the pancakes and toppings warm.
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. While cooking the pancakes, stir the batter frequently to prevent the flour from settling at the bottom.
- In a well-buttered 23-cm (9-inch) non-stick skillet, cook the pancakes on both sides, pouring 60 ml (1/4 cup) of batter for each. Stack the pancakes in a serving plate. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm.
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the onions, mushrooms, and bacon in half the oil. Add the chives. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a serving bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, brown the sausage meat over medium heat in the remaining oil, breaking the meat with a fork. Transfer to a warm serving bowl.
- Place the cheese, applesauce, and molasses in different bowls.
- Place the pancakes and toppings in the centre of the table and let your guests garnish their own pancakes.