- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a large ovenproof non-stick skillet or baking dish, combine carrots, potatoes and beets with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chicken breasts in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the oven, beside the vegetables. Toss the vegetables and add bacon. Roast for 40 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are tender and caramelized. Keep the chicken on a plate.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of chicken broth.
- In a small saucepan, bring remaining broth, garlic, honey and vinegar to a boil. Reduce sauce to a third. Add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk. Simmer for about 1 minute. Adjust seasoning. Deglaze chicken in the baking dish with sauce.
- When serving, add arugula and shallot to the warm vegetable mixture and toss. Garnish with goat cheese and almonds. Serve chicken with the sauce and roasted vegetable salad.