- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the leek for 3 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon of water, if necessary, to avoid burning.
- Add the Jerusalem artichoke, fennel, and celeriac, season and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the water and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Reserve some of the cooking water and purée the vegetables in a blender, adding the reserved liquid, as needed.
- Adjust the seasoning and add the cream, if desired.
- Garnish with fennel leaves and a dash of lemon oil, if desired.
This recipe is from Caroline Dumas&rsquo book &ldquoSoupesoup à la maison&rdquo.