- In a blender, purée half the corn until smooth with the cream. Set aside.
- Cut the tomato in half and grate it to extract all the pulp. Discard the skin. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, soften the onion, bell pepper, and spices in the butter. Add the tomato pulp and the remaining corn kernels. Season with salt. Stir to combine and cover. Let stew for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the corn cream and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with herbs and serve with Tex-Mex Pork Chops.
Substitute the Tex-Mex spices by:
- The Little Italy spice mixture and garlic
- Tajine spice mixture and ginger
- Imperial Kashmir curry spice mixture, garlic, and ginger