- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In an oven-safe large and deep sauté pan, brown the meat on both sides in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan over medium heat, sauté the onion, orange zest, and spices until the onion is caramelized. Add oil, if needed. Season with salt. Add the brown sugar and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Deglaze with the orange and lemon juice. Add the meat and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake for about 2 hours and 30 minutes or until the meat is tender. If necessary, remove the lid and continue cooking for about 15 minutes to reduce the cooking juices. There should be only some very concentrated juices. Remove and discard the zest. Remove the roast from the pan. Remove the bones and degrease. Put the meat pieces back in the pan juices. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the meat with long grain rice and a green vegetable.