- In a bowl, combine spices and salt. Spread spice mixture over turkey roast. Place roast in a baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, but no more than 4 hours.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a skillet, brown roast in 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of oil. Transfer to a baking dish. In the same skillet, brown potatoes and onions in remaining oil (15 ml/1 tablespoon). Place around roast. Bake for about 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted in the centre of the roast reads 74 °C (165 °F).
- In a small skillet, brown chorizo for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in the skillet that was used to brown the roast, brown onion in half the butter (30 ml/2 tablespoons). Add remaining butter, sprinkle with flour and stir to cook. Deglaze with cider and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Add remaining ingredients and reduce by half. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle roasted vegetables with chorizo and fresh herbs. Serve with sauce.
Turkey roasts are sometimes sold brined. If that’s what you bought, don’t add salt to the spice mixture.