- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, brown the onion and garlic in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato sauce or the tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer gently for about 10 minutes. Add the cream and adjust the seasoning. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Thread one shrimp lengthwise per skewer, inserting the skewer along the back of the shrimp to straighten it. Grill the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
- Place the shrimp on a platter and sprinkle with the mint. Serve immediately with the warm rosé sauce.