- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter a 20 cm (8-inch) square baking pan and line with a strip of parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides.
- In a food processor, pulse the beans a few seconds at a time until smooth.
- In a bowl, with a whisk, combine the eggs and sugar. Add the puréed beans, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cracker crumbs and cocoa powder. Stir in the egg mixture.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool before unmoulding.
- Cut into small squares and sprinkle with icing sugar.