- Cut off the cap of the squash and remove the seeds. If necessary, remove a small amount of flesh with a melon baller until the squash has a 750 ml (3 cups) capacity. Transfer to a baking dish.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crispy and brown. Drain and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the bacon, half the cheese and the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the stuffing into the squash. Press lightly. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover with the cap and bake for about 1 hour or until the squash is tender.